membership for schools
General membership is open to all non-public and independent schools in New York City, Westchester County, and New Jersey.
- Early childhood schools must be licensed, and are permitted to run 3-K and UPK programs in addition to their independent programming.
- Continuing schools must be accredited by the relevant local body.
Provisional membership is open to those continuing schools actively working towards accreditation; accreditation must be finalized within two years of the ISAAGNY joining date.
membership FOR ORGANIZATIONS
Affiliate membership is open to non-profit organizations that aim to serve, diversify, and strengthen independent schools in New York City, Westchester County, and New Jersey.
PERKS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Professional Development and Events: We coordinate a suite of professional development and social events each year, and in doing so, support the growth of and collaboration between members. A selection of 2021-22 sessions is outlined below:
Talking Impact: Unconscious Bias and Microaggressions Training
Supporting the Mental Health of Early Childhood and Lower School Applicants
Legal Trends in Admissions
Food Allergy Workshop
The Six Components of Parent Retention
Financial Aid and Admissions
Understanding and Managing Our Own Stress
Managing Enrollment with Limited Budget and Bandwidth
Best Practices for Early Childhood Hiring
Creating a Middle/Upper School Community Through the Lens of "Character"
Marketing and Crisis Communication
Gender Through the Lens of Enrollment
- Professional Network: Our committees, subgroups, and all-ISAAGNY meetings are forums for exchanging best practices and taking action.
Committees: Antiracism and Equity, Dates, Professional Development, Streamlining, Transportation
Subgroups: Early Childhood, Elementary/Middle Schools, Placement and Exmissions, Tuition Assistance, Upper Schools
- Visibility: Member schools are featured in our Member Directory, Member Map, and any other marketing efforts we pursue.
- Website Access: Our members-only portal features a message board, event calendar, meeting minutes, resources, and more.
... and more!
ISAAGNY members are required to pay annual dues, adhere to the Principles of Good Practice and Notification and Reply Dates, and satisfy our DEIA mandate.
Schools (General or Provisional Membership): Annual dues are determined by enrollment.
100 or fewer students: $550
101-300 students: $825
301-500 students: $1,100
501 or more students: $1,650
Organizations (Affiliate Membership): Annual dues are a flat fee of $500.
Applications are accepted at any time. Please see the application process page for next steps.