About the Job:
Under the auspices of the United Nations and guided by its ideals, the United Nations International School provides an inclusive and diverse learning environment in which rigorous international programs foster academic excellence, innovation, creativity, and cross-cultural communication to educate and inspire its students to become an active force in shaping a better world: peaceful, compassionate, and sustainable. The Director of Admissions ensures that the student campaign and admissions’ procedures for the evaluation of applicants are in accordance with the mission of UNIS and the Board of Trustees Policy. The Director of Admissions will oversee all admissions involving the organization including the development and implementation of an admissions campaign that displays a love for international education. This role works closely with and reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Proficiency with Veracross and Ravenna is a plus
- Statistical background with budgeting knowledge
- Knowledge of a second language, of other national educational systems, and experience of living abroad are highly desirable (international background)
- Knowledge of New York independent schools
- Successful history of leading an admissions office in a highly competitive school
- Understanding of the United Nations structure is preferred
- Familiarity with the IB Program preferred
- Must have a strong work ethic, sense of humor, and capacity to work well with others
- Demonstrated history of responsiveness with families
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, managerial, and organizational abilities
- Demonstrated expertise working on tight timelines and under pressure
- Ability to work with leadership across the board, employees, and the larger community
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree.
Interested applicants should contact Debora Belfield.