About the Job:
We seek an exceptional Head Teacher to join a team of Early Childhood Educational professionals, which includes one assistant teachers and one aid. This is a 10-month, full time exempt or non-exempt position. The ideal candidate will provide support in the following areas: student engagement and interaction, especially through the separation process; classroom observations and documentation; curriculum development; professional dialogue and engagement with families through ongoing communications. Other functions also include, but are not limited to, consistently maintaining student health and safety standards; and contributing to the preparation and care of the classroom environment. Key Tasks and Responsibilities: The Head Teacher, utilizing input from his/her/their team, knowledge of child development and early childhood education, shall plan and develop a meaningful curriculum for two, three and four-year-old children, incorporating the School’s procedures, philosophy and goals.
- Possesses developmental knowledge of age group assigned
- Differentiates instruction to meet the needs of diverse learners
- Maintains overall responsibility for all aspects of teaching and learning within their classroom
- Partners and collaborates with parents, colleagues, administration, and the community at large to support ongoing development of students
- Embraces and actively pursues professional development opportunities
- Collaborates with teaching team and specialists to develop and foster an emergent curriculum
- Establishes and maintains organized classroom systems, workflow and procedures
- Supports meaningful communication through excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Implements ongoing assessment and data-collection strategies to inform parent-teacher conferences, school reports and developmental goals
- Honors the process and product of documentation in its various forms
If you are interested, please email Halima Fuller.