Director of Financial Aid and Assistant/Associate Director of Admission
The Director of Financial Aid is responsible for the administration of Hackley’s financial aid program, supporting students and their families throughout the financial aid process, and ensuring the most effective use of these resources as a tool to recruit, admit, and retain a talented, diverse, and mission appropriate student body.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Director of Financial Aid is responsible for the administration of Hackley’s financial aid program, supporting students and their families throughout the financial aid process, and ensuring the most effective use of these resources as a tool to recruit, admit, and retain a talented, diverse, and mission appropriate student body. The Director prepares the financial aid budget, and collects and analyzes data in order to respond to trends in the market and in the needs of Hackley’s families. The Director ensures that Hackley’s financial aid policies align with the financial aid mission statement and institutional goals. Serving as the primary spokesperson for financial aid, the Director serves to educate the community on the importance and purpose of financial aid at Hackley.
The Director of Financial Aid reports directly to the Director of Enrollment Management.
The Director of Financial Aid has the following responsibilities:
· Administer the financial aid program, including supporting family applications, maintaining the integrity of the database, generating grant letters, and providing support across all three divisions
· Review and make preliminary decisions on financial aid applications for returning students, as well as on a number of prioritized new student applications
· Lead Financial Aid Committee in making final decisions on grants for returning and new students
· Prepare and propose the financial aid budget to the Board’s Admissions and Financial Aid (AFA) Committee and Finance Committee
o Attend all AFA Committee meetings, offering administrative and professional expertise and support to this committee’s work
· Establish relationships with inquiring applicants and families, assisting them through the admissions and financial aid processes
· Administer the financial aid budget for extracurricular activities and trips
· Attend financial aid professional development and regional and national admissions and financial aid meetings and share knowledge with admissions team
· Communicate with access organizations and sending schools to best understand and meet families’ needs
· Partner with the Communications Department to develop high quality materials articulating the benefit and affordability of a Hackley education.
· Participate in Admissions Office outreach, recruiting, and admissions efforts as necessary, including but not limited to visiting schools, attending school fairs, developing relationships with sending organizations, giving tours, conducting interviews, and reading admissions files
· Assist with any other tasks as assigned by the Director of Enrollment Management
About Hackley School:
Hackley is an Equal Opportunity Employer, intentionally committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community. We welcome candidates representing a full spectrum of race, ability, gender, national origin, religion, and sexual orientation. A Hackley education embraces both the open exchange of ideas and learning from varying perspectives, inclusive of the beliefs and identities reflected within the community. Qualifications for employment include a demonstrated commitment to these principles.
Hackley is a nonsectarian coeducational K-12 independent school located in Tarrytown, NY, 20 miles north of New York City on the Hudson River. Founded as a boarding school in 1899, Hackley enrolls around 840 students in grades Kindergarten through Grade 12, including approximately 30 five-day boarding students in Grades 9 -12. With over 40% of our faculty residing in school housing, Hackley combines the community cohesion of a boarding school with the stimulation of a day school, all in close proximity to one of the great cities of the world.